MEDICAL EDUCATION UNIT (MEU)
MCI Nodal Centre for Basic and advanced course (Faculty
Development) in Medical Education
MEU is a group of dedicated teachers who wish to work for the improvement of educational and research activities at the institute. The unit is active for last 12 years.
1. To make the teaching-learning activities more effective, thus imparting better education and improving the outcome of training of the budding doctor’s
2. To give impetus to research activities at the institute involving not only the teachers but also the undergraduate students in research programs.
1. Conducting workshops for the medical teachers to train them in educational technology, thus improving both the teaching and evaluation of students.
2. Conducting Orientation Programs for new entrants in the institute (First year students) and also for new second year students to make them aware of the type of training they are likely to undergo, the evaluation pattern and other information necessary for new students.
3. Conducting Problem Solving for Better Health (PSBH) Workshops jointly with Dept. of Community Medicine for Second M.B.B.S. student to sensitise them to community oriented research problems at an early stage of training
4. Conducting workshops for medical practitioners, interns etc. focusing on areas like Health Care of the Elderly, Role of Doctors in Disaster Management, etc. are other ongoing programs.